I made my appointment for April 16th, way back in November knowing that that date would be the next time I would be in Houston long enough to get my hair cut. Trevor has gotten me hooked on Felicia, the lady that has cut his hair ever since he was little. At first I thought he was ridiculous for coming back home every time he needed a hair cut, but then I had her cut my hair once and now I am hooked too!
So Trevor had the day off to celebrate the end of tax season (yea!) and his cousin is getting married today in Hempstead so we came to Houston yesterday morning and both got haircuts. Bethany joined us and had her hair cut too! I made Trevor get his done first and Felicia gave me a mini lesson on hair cutting and how to shape his up in between cuts! I learned some pretty useful tips and can't wait to try them out. Look how handsome he looks now:
Bethany did a great job of documenting the process and I think they speak for themselves...
I am donating it to Pantene Pro V's Beautiful Lengths program, which make wigs for women with cancer. Last time I donated my hair I gave it to Locks for Love, but I love that Beautiful Lengths makes them especially for women with cancer. With everything that you face from the diagnosis of cancer, hair loss from chemo is the last thing that a person should have to worry about. Their website said that a recent study found that nearly 60% of women consider hair loss the most dreaded side effect they face from undergoing chemotherapy. Although it takes around 6 ponytails to make one wig, I am happy that I can give a little to help!


















Awesome! Great picture taking Bethany! Your hair looks great Lauren, yours too Trevor :)
ReplyDelete